Shri M. P. Shah Medical College started in 1954 with 60 MBBS students annually with vision to provide high quality of Medical Education and Quality Patient care to the community. Currently College is having 250 MBBS seats admission annually and 21 P.G. courses (MS/MD), 6 diploma courses with 176 PG seats annually.
Medical College is having huge campus with state of art College buildings (Which includes Lecture Halls, Libraries, Auditoriums, Practical Labs etc.), Hospital buildings, Hostels for students (Separate for UG boys and girls), and Quarters for staff in 63 Acres of land. Campus is having various Canteens & ATM facility.
High Quality of Medical Education and Quality of Patient's care is a main aim of the institute. To achieve these Medical College and Hospital is having dedicated 322 faculties with 22 departments (Pre-Clinical, Para Clinical and Clinical), 82 SR, more then 423 Resident Doctors, More then 1500 MBBS Students, 700+ Nursing staff, 300+ Paramedical staff, 800+ Housekeeping staff & 140 security staff etc. College and Hospital campus is secured with CCTV cameras. Medical College library is having huge collection of latest Medical text books.
The Medical campus is free from ragging activities and fully observes Prevention of Ragging Regulation, 2009. We recognize Ragging as an offence which is completely prohibited and is discouraged.
We are providing Medical Education in secured manner with Mentorship programme by our faculties. And making sure that each and every student feel safe and secured with us and enhance his/her skills in the field of Health Care.